[rspec-users] [JRuby] simulating a java exception in a spec

Sidu Ponnappa ckponnappa at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 13:29:02 EDT 2011

it 'adds validation exceptions raised by service to #errors' do
     ve = ValidationException #a java exception
     ve.stub(:localized_message).and_return('a bunch of errors')

Just clarifying, but did you mean
    ve = ValidationException.new

I tried replicating your spec but with java.lang.RuntimeException
instead of ValidationException and I got
   exception class/object expected

because raise expects an instance of the exception, not the exception
class. Am I missing something?