[rspec-users] ruby 1.8.6

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 22:22:05 EDT 2011

On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 11:11 PM, David Chelimsky <dchelimsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all,

Hello David,

> It's growing increasingly difficult for RSpec to support Ruby 1.8.6 as other libraries that rspec's development environment relies on drop support. Noting that 1.8.7 was released over three years ago (6/1/2008), I'd like to drop support for Ruby 1.8.6 for future versions of RSpec, but I'd like to hear from you before I cut the cord.

Good call. It is expected one last 1.8.6 release with bugfixes by the
end of the year and will put the last stone (announced at RubyKaigi
2011 by Kirk Haines)

>From RubyInstaller project we no longer promote it in the downloads
section and we haven't perform any release of it since 1.8.6-p398
(p420 didn't got any release from us)

If I might suggest something, please adjust the gemspec of all rspec2
gems on your next release to be >= 1.8.7, that way will block the
installation of the gems reducing the potential bug reports due 1.8.6

Luis Lavena
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry