[rspec-users] functional testing with(through?) chrome

Matt Wynne matt at mattwynne.net
Sun Aug 7 07:01:27 EDT 2011

On 6 Aug 2011, at 03:21, John Sayeau wrote:

> Not sure if this can be done using RSpec and something else but I'm
> trying to test a website using Chrome specifically.  The website seems
> to intermittently hang up Chrome but not Safari and it passes functional
> tests without a browser.
> I want to run a test that loops through loading the site with chrome and
> measure the load time or record the error I get on a load fail.
> Hope this makes sense.

I would recommend Capybara[1] with the Selenium driver configured to use Chrome:

Capybara.register_driver :selenium do |app|
  Capybara::Selenium::Driver.new(app, :browser => :chrome)

[1] https://github.com/jnicklas/capybara

Freelance programmer & coach
Author, http://pragprog.com/book/hwcuc/the-cucumber-book (with Aslak Hellesøy)
Founder, http://relishapp.com