[rspec-users] Where do a set the description on a should satisfy.

GregD gditrick at fuse.net
Mon Sep 27 10:23:13 EDT 2010

On Sep 27, 9:14 am, David Chelimsky <dchelim... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 27, 2010, at 8:12 AM, David Chelimsky wrote:
> re: how to include them: yes, in a module:
> # in spec/support/custom_matchers.rb
> module CustomMatchers
> # in spec/spec_helper.rb
> RSpec.configure do |c|
>   c.include CustomMatchers
> end

Okay, 1 more question and maybe this is more of a convention request.
I know in my rails apps that my environment is loaded when running my
specs from a rake task or from the spec command.  But for a non-rails
app, it would be nice to default spec program to load spec_helper if
it exists in the spec dir.  Like:

jruby -S spec spec

instead of having to do this to include the spec_helper every time:

jruby -S spec -r spec/spec_helper.rb spec

Or am I missing something?  Or is that just not desirable?  I know I
can use rake and create a rake task(s), but from the perspective of
the command line, it would be nice to not to have to supply the -r
option unless you want to include something "outside" of this