[rspec-users] undefined method `has_selector?' for "":String

Lord Raiden lists at ruby-forum.com
Tue Sep 21 05:57:21 EDT 2010

David Chelimsky wrote:
> Two issues:
>
> 1. Capybara matchers do not support arbitrary strings, so they do not
> work in view specs
> 2. Even if they did, the capybara matcher would be has_css, not
> has_selector

Thanks for quick reply. Sorry about my delay (I was sick and down).

I'm not an expert in these tools, so please bear with me.

Is there anyway to get Capybara to work with view:specs? May be by doing
something Cucumber is doing to get Capybara to work with it.

Reason I'm asking is I really want to write few view specs, (outside of
cucumber), and I would like not to use Webrat, to keep things clean.

It seems the gem Tony pointed out can help, but as I said I would rather
not use it if there is any hack which could let me use Capybara for
rspec view specs.