[rspec-users] RSpec beta 22 with Rails 3

Amiruddin Nagri amir.nagri at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 05:08:58 EDT 2010

I am working on a Rails 3 application. Recently bundler got an update for
rspec, which upgraded it to 22, (previously we were using beta 20).

After the update we are unable to run the old using 'rake spec:rcov', while
running with 'rake spec' is running fine.
When you do rake spec it does not give any output and finishes the task.
something like below :

$ rake spec --trace
(in /work/rspec22)
** Invoke spec (first_time, not_needed)

$

Also, while making the sample app to send it out to the rspec users mailing
list, I am not able to run spec:rcov task, can somebody guide if I have
forgotten any configuration for rcov.

Here is the link to sample app with reproducible behavior which I am getting
while running 'rake spec:rcov' => http://github.com/anagri/rspecsample

Regards,
Amiruddin Nagri,
Bangalore, 560008, KA