[rspec-users] Undefined methods: has_selector? and flunk

Michael Schuerig michael at schuerig.de
Wed Sep 1 08:49:25 EDT 2010

I'm in the process of updating an app for Rails 3.0 and rspec-rails
2.0.0.beta20. When I'm running my specs (rake spec) I get a large number
of errors caused by two undefined methods

  undefined method `has_selector?' for #<String:0x7fdbd0b5b270>

  undefined method `flunk' for
#<RSpec::Core::ExampleGroup::Nested_15::Nested_1::Nested_2::Nested_2:0x7fdbd0c48fe8>

I've seen the upgrade notice for beta20 and now include capybara
explicitly in the test group of my Gemfile. The version of capybara on
my system is 0.3.9 and noticeably, it does not define has_selector? (or
have_selector? as webrat does).

Presumably, this is all just a dependency problem, but I have no clear
idea where to look.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig