[rspec-users] How do I figure out which (wrong) file rspec is loading?

Curious Yogurt starempireelite at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 21:14:51 EDT 2010

I'm using Rails 3.0.1, RSpec-Rails 2.0.1 and Webrat 0.7.1. I have the
following test:

describe PagesController do
  describe "GET 'main'" do
    it "should have the right title" do
      get 'main'
      response.should have_selector("title", :content => "My title")

The HTML of pages#main checks out: it contains My Title. When I run
rspec, it gives me a failure on this test, and says it expects to find
the tag in the following line:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" "http://
www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/loose.dtd">

Since this is not the file stored at pages#main, I take it that rspec
is, for some reason, loading the wrong page. How do I solve this? Or,
failing a general solution, how can I get rspec to tell me which page
it is trying to load, so that I can try to figure out why it is going
to this other page? Thanks.