[rspec-users] Nested attributes in fixtures

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 14:35:32 EDT 2010

On Oct 28, 2010, at 3:25 PM, Mack T. wrote:

> Figured this out.  Our fixtures outside Rspec are actually being used to
> create instances of ActiveRecord models.  AR supports
> accepts_nested_attributes_for, but the Rspec fixtures bypass AR and
> simply attempt to set database values.

There are no "RSpec fixtures," so I don't really understand what you mean here. The only thing RSpec does with regard to fixtures is expose a couple of configuration bits in the RSpec.configure block. The rest is all managed by the Rails' testing framework.

What do you mean "our fixtures outside rspec"?