[rspec-users] rspec 2 - undefined method `redirect_to?' for #<Rack::MockResponse:0xa43ef14>

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 00:55:56 EDT 2010

On Oct 19, 2010, at 9:15 PM, oren wrote:

> I try to test sinatra app using rspec 2.0.0 and rack-test 0.5.6
>  it "redirect non-authenticated user to logout page" do
>    get '/'
>    last_response.should be_redirect_to('/login)
>  end
> and I get:
> undefined method `redirect_to?' for #<Rack::MockResponse:0xa43ef14>

Take a look at http://relishapp.com/rspec/rspec-expectations/v/2-0/dir/matchers/predicate-matchers to see how be_redirect_to tries to delegate to redirect_to? on the responses.

There is a redirect_to matcher in rspec-rails, but it delegates to a Rails-specific assertion (assert_redirected_to), so you're not going to get that one in a Sinatra app.

> where can I find reference/guide for methods I can use in rspec 2?
> I think it might be here, but I am not sure where:
> http://github.com/rspec/rspec
> http://github.com/rspec/rspec-core

Documentation is there, plus:

And, of course, The RSpec Book: http://pragprog.com/titles/achbd/the-rspec-book