[rspec-users] Routing errors with Rails 3.0.1 and Rspec 2.0.1

Trey trey at 12spokes.com
Tue Oct 19 22:07:22 EDT 2010

I'm sure something is borked in my app, but I can't seem to track it
down.  A few commits back, my app was fully passing my spec suite.  It
was on Rails 3.0.0 and Rspec 2.0.0.beta.20.  I've now upgraded to
rails 3.0.1 and rspec 2.0.1  Now, I'm getting tons, and I mean tons of
failures that say things like, to take a simple case:

113) SiteController GET 'about' should be successful
     Failure/Error: get 'about'
     No route matches {:action=>"about", :controller=>"site"}
     # ./spec/controllers/site_controller_spec.rb:21

Here's the spec:

  describe "GET 'about'" do
    it "should be successful" do
      get 'about'
      response.should be_success

And the defined route showing up in rake routes

about GET    /
about(.:format)
{:controller=>"site", :action=>"about"}

This fails if I run rspec by 'rake routes' or by 'bundle exec
autotest'.  But, and here's the weird thing, if I cause autotest to
run that file again, or if I manually run bundle exec rspec spec/
controllers/site_controller_spec.rb, then it passes just fine.

Did I miss something I needed to do in my upgrade?  If it matters I'm
using rvm gemsets.

Thanks for any guidance.
Trey