[rspec-users] Testing initialize methods and chained methods

Andrew Premdas apremdas at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 13:12:08 EDT 2010

Set an expectation that do_something should be called once. Then create a
new Foo.

With the method chain set an expectation that your chained method should be
called, then call the original method. You should be able to check that the
original method is passed as a param.

Further information in RSpec book which has some gr8 stuff on expectations