[rspec-users] Testing initialize methods and chained methods

Oscar Del Ben thehcdreamer at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 03:56:43 EDT 2010

I'm having some troubles understanding how to test a couple of things.
Usually, if I'm having trouble testing something, it means that my design
could probably be improved or changed, but in these cases I think I'm doing
the right thing.

Here's the first scenario:

class Foo
  def initialize
    do_something

Here I have no idea how to test that the do_something method is called.

Another issue I have is with the following code:

my_method.another_chained_method.something_else

Here I'm having trouble understanding how to test that my_method receives
another_chained_method and so on.

Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks!