[rspec-users] RSpec-2.0.0 is released!

Justin Ko jko170 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 12:13:14 EDT 2010

On Oct 11, 11:14 am, aslak hellesoy <aslak.helle... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > ## RSpec-2.0.0 has been released!
>
> David, I'm so impressed how you have managed to manage a half-rewrite,
> updating the RSpec book (which now soon goes to print) and coordinating
> everything with Rails and the 80+ contributors. The upgrade process has been
> extremely simple for me taken into account all of the great changes that
> have gone into the release.
>
> The end result is shining, and the Cucumber-based Relish docs are absolutely
> stunning - thanks especially to Justin, Myron and Matt.
>
> Good job!
>
> Aslak
>

> > This marks the end of a year-long effort that improves RSpec in a number of
> > ways, including modularity, cleaner code, and much better integration with
> > Rails-3 than was possible before (see
> >http://blog.davidchelimsky.net/2010/01/25/rspec-20-in-the-works/).
>
> > ### Docs, with a little bit of relish
>
> > In addition to the documentation available at all the places (see
> >http://blog.davidchelimsky.net/2010/07/01/rspec-2-documentation/), we've
> > also got all of the Cucumber features posted to Justin Ko's new Cucumber
> > presentation app, relish.
>
> >  http://relishapp.com/rspec
>
> > We'll also have the RDoc up onhttp://rdoc.infoin a day or so.
>
> > ### Thanks!
>
> > Big thanks to 80+ contributors who submitted patches for RSpec-2.0.0,
> > including [1]:
>
> > Aan, Adam Walters, Akira Matsuda, Alex Crichton, Anderson Dias, Andre Arko,
> > Andreas Neuhaus, Ashley Moran, Ben Armston, Ben Rady, Brasten Sager, Brian J
> > Reath, Carlhuda, Chad Humphries, Charles Lowell, Chris Redinger, Chuck
> > Remes, Corey Ehmke, Corey Haines, Dan Peterson, Dave Newman, David Genord
> > II, David S. Kang, Ethan Gunderson, Gonçalo Silva, Greg Sterndale, Hans de
> > Graaff, Iain Hecker, Jacques Crocker, Jean-Daniel Guyot, Jeff Ramnani, Jim
> > Breen, Johan Kiviniemi, Josep Mª Bach, Josh Graham, Joshua Nichols, Kabari
> > Hendrick, Kristian M, Lailson B, Len Smith, Leonardo Bessa, Les Hill, Luis
> > Lavena, Marcin Kulik, Markus Schirp, Matt Remsik, Matt Yoho, Matthew Todd,
> > Michael Niessner, Mike Gehard, Myron Marston, Nate Jackson, Neeraj Singh,
> > Nestor Ovroy, Nick Ang, Nicolas Braem, Paul Rosania, Phil Smith, Postmodern,
> > Prasad, Rob Sanheim, Roman Chernyatchik, Ryan Bigg, Ryan Briones, Sam
> > Pohlenz, Scott Taylor, Shin-ichiro OGAWA, Thibaud Guillaume-Gentil, Tim
> > Connor, Tim Harper, Tom Stuart, Vít Ondruch, Wincent Colaiuta,
> > aslakhellesoy, eira, garren smith, grosser, hasimo, justinko, rup, speedmax,
> > wycats
>
> > Extra special thanks go to:
>
> > * Chad Humphries for contributing his Micronaut gem which is the basis for
> > rspec-core-2
> > * Yehuda Katz, Carl Lerche, and José Valim, for their assistance with
> > getting rspec-rails-2 to take advantage of new APIs in Rails-3, and for
> > shepherding patches to Rails that made it far simpler for testing extensions
> [...]

Thank you for the kind words Aslak! Obviously, Relish could not have
been built if it weren't for Cucumber's amazing internal functionality/
api. It made things extremely easy for Relish.

David's level of productive output really does boggle my mind. The
Ruby community is extremely lucky to have him.

Thank you everyone for RSpec 2!