[rspec-users] rspec-1.3.1.rc and rspec-rails-1.3.3.rc are released!

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 12:43:08 EDT 2010

On Oct 5, 2010, at 2:32 AM, Tom Stuart wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> On 3 Oct 2010, at 23:41, David Chelimsky wrote:
>> These are release candidate gems for updates 1.x series, including some bug fixes and deprecation warnings for functionality that will be removed in rspec-2.
>
> I'm having to maintain a fork of RSpec just so that I can revert the commit which caused the breakage in https://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/5645-rspec/tickets/1009. What are the chances of getting the failing example from that ticket into 1.3.1, along with either a reversion of the offending commit or (much better) an actual fix? To me this is a significant compatibility issue since it used to work in RSpec 1.2.9 and still does work in RSpec 2. I just don't understand enough about how this part of RSpec works to do a proper fix myself, but from a selfish perspective a revert of the bad commit is better than no fix at all.

Hi Tom,

Looks like it does work in rspec-2: http://github.com/rspec/rspec-mocks/commit/b8135d5d8d04930f09d606a96c2d84be910a12f2

As for rspec-1, if it were a simple matter of reverting the commit, I'd do it, but the revert fails w/ merge errors and I don't have the time to debug that right now. So 1.3.1 is going to go out without addressing this unless someone else submits a patch.

Wish I could give you better news, but my plate is piled high and there is only so much time in a day.

Cheers,
David