[rspec-users] rspec-2.0.0.rc is released

Chuck Remes cremes.devlist at mac.com
Tue Oct 5 10:34:22 EDT 2010

On Oct 4, 2010, at 11:47 PM, David Chelimsky wrote:

> rspec-2.0.0.rc is released!
> See http://blog.davidchelimsky.net/2010/07/01/rspec-2-documentation/ for links to all sorts of documentation on rspec-2.
> Plan is to release rspec-2.0.0 (final) within the next week, so please install, upgrade, etc, and report issues to:
> http://github.com/rspec/rspec-core/issues
> http://github.com/rspec/rspec-expectations/issues
> http://github.com/rspec/rspec-mocks/issues
> http://github.com/rspec/rspec-rails/issues

Is there any coordination with the authors of jeweler, bones, etc. so that the Rake files those tools generate can be updated to rspec2 compatibility?

Speaking of which, the Upgrade.markdown didn't include enough information to get my existing Rakefile (created by bones) working. I'm including the changes I had to make in this email so other folks searching the ML will find it.

require 'spec/rake/spectask'

Spec::Rake::SpecTask.new do |t|
  t.spec_opts = ['--options', "\"spec/spec.opts\""]
  t.spec_files = FileList['spec/**/*.rb']

For rspec2 compatibility:

require 'rspec/core/rake_task'

RSpec::Core::RakeTask.new do |t|
  t.rspec_opts = ["-c", "-f progress", "-r ./spec/spec_helper.rb"]
  t.pattern = 'spec/**/*_spec.rb'

Also, as mentioned in the Upgrade.markdown file, I had to modify my spec_helper.rb to use Rspec.configure instead of the original Spec::Runner.configure syntax.