[rspec-users] rspec-1.3.1.rc and rspec-rails-1.3.3.rc are released!

Tom Stuart tom at experthuman.com
Tue Oct 5 03:32:13 EDT 2010

Hi David,

On 3 Oct 2010, at 23:41, David Chelimsky wrote:
> These are release candidate gems for updates 1.x series, including some bug fixes and deprecation warnings for functionality that will be removed in rspec-2.

I'm having to maintain a fork of RSpec just so that I can revert the commit which caused the breakage in https://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/5645-rspec/tickets/1009. What are the chances of getting the failing example from that ticket into 1.3.1, along with either a reversion of the offending commit or (much better) an actual fix? To me this is a significant compatibility issue since it used to work in RSpec 1.2.9 and still does work in RSpec 2. I just don't understand enough about how this part of RSpec works to do a proper fix myself, but from a selfish perspective a revert of the bad commit is better than no fix at all.

Cheers,
-Tom