[rspec-users] Rspec2 - Absolutely brilliant! (at breaking stuff) - Is there a downgrade path ?

itsterry itsterry at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 19:13:25 EST 2010

Just installed Rspec2 and noticed an immediate improvement in speed:
it broke all 899 passing tests on an important project in a matter of

Sadly, I don't have the time to work my way through the multitude
upgrade errors (it's not just one error repeated), so I tried to
remove rspec2 and the new rspec-rails and downgrade to the previous

It didn't work, and I'm still getting the following message when I

REMOVAL NOTICE: you are using behaviour that has been
removed from rspec-2.

* The 'autospec' command is no longer supported.
* Please use 'autotest' insted.

This message will be removed from a future version of rspec.

Running autotest rather than autospec gives the following:

Autotest style autotest/rails_rspec2 doesn't seem to exist. Aborting.

I'm proud to be a good little BDD developer: I just don't need an
upgrade to give me headaches right now, so....

Does anyone have any idea how to get back to a previous Rspec version
so I can work properly again?

(Not saying Rspec2 isn't fantastic. I'm sure it is. I'll try to make
it work again over the Xmas break, when I have lots of hours free)