[rspec-users] How to use request helpers outside of controller specs?

medihack kai.schlamp at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 17 14:36:49 EST 2010

> Can I ask why you want this outside controller and/or request specs?

Of course. I'd like to test some web services and XMLHttpRequests with
Steak. For that I need the post and xhr methods of the request
helpers. Steak uses an acceptance folder where the request helpers are
not available. I wonder a bit as a Steak spec itself tries to use the
get method in one example, but also fails (was there a change in RSpec
lately and Steak is not up-to-date?).