[rspec-users] "no such file to load -- sqlite3" error

Dean Richardson lists at ruby-forum.com
Thu Nov 11 08:53:19 EST 2010

Paul:

Thanks for taking the time to respond... that sounds like an
attractively simple solution. When I go to try it, though, I'm told that
the sqlite3 gem requires at least Ruby 1.9.1, and I'm still working with
1.8.7. Also, I'm already running a bunch of applications on this machine
(MBP) that use sqlite3 successfully.

Is there a version of sqlite3 that might help eliminate the error but
which doesn't require Ruby 1.9.1? Or is the upgrade path the only one
that's likely to work for me?

Again, thanks for your help...

--Dean