[rspec-users] autotest not working on Windows with rails3 and rspec2?

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 09:06:55 EST 2010

On Nov 10, 2010, at 7:54 AM, Jarmo Pertman wrote:

> I didn't get any replies about that problem so far but i just managed
> to find out how to make it work manually.

What manual change did you make?

> The problem is that the bundle exec is not working like this on
> Windows:
> bundle exec C:\bin\pik\Ruby-187-p302\bin\ruby
>
> But works like this:
> bundle exec C:\bin\pik\Ruby-187-p302\bin\ruby.exe
>
> I don't understand who makes that decision what should be executed via
> bundler - is it RSpec? Rails? Bundler itself?

As of rspec-2.0, rspec prefixes the command with "bundle exec " if there is a Gemfile, but delegates to Autotest's definition of the ruby executable itself.

There is already an issue open in rspec-core to have an opt-out for "bundle exec ", but that wouldn't change which ruby executable is used.

Cheers,
David