[rspec-users] How to setup rspec to be included on the PATH

Robert Stagner restagner at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 19:12:55 EST 2010

I've recently installed a copy of rspec (2.0.0) on my Linux distribution
(Ubuntu 9.10).  All went well.  However, when I attempt to access cucumber
from the shell, like so

$ rspec --help

I receive the following:

No command 'rspec' found

I know there is a simple solution to this, likely dealing with the PATH
environment variable.  Any help in pointing me to a solution where I can get
rspec setup on my PATH would be most appreciated.  I used the following
command taken from the RSpec book to install rspec

sudo gem intall rspec --version 2.0.0