[rspec-users] old crumbly rspec

Nadal node.js99 at gmail.com
Wed May 26 17:05:32 EDT 2010

As David said, there is no difference between "it" and "specify". One
of them is alias of other one. However semantically you can use them
differently.

The two examples given below are same. However second one reads
better. I like to use specify when I have explicitly created a
subject. Implicit subjects read better with it.

describe User do
  context "create a user" do
    subject { User.create(:email => 'second at example.com') }
    it { subject.id.should_not be_nil}