[rspec-users] [CUCUMBER] Noob question

Pito Salas lists at ruby-forum.com
Tue May 25 13:50:23 EDT 2010

Meta question: is this the right/best place to ask for assistance with
Cucumber or am I in the wrong place?

Anyway, here goes. I just started using cucumber and it's very

Check out this fragment:

And I go to the home page
Then I should see "Choose Your Jurisdiction:" within "h2"
And I follow "Middlesex"
Then I should see "Middlesex" within "#user-navigation"

My problem is that it's failing on the 4th step.

And it looks like the "click" on the link "middlesex" didn't have the
expected effect. In other words, when used interactively I see what I
expect to see in user-navigation.

So my question is about debugging this problem. What I need to know is:

- is the "And I follow "Middlesex" step actually clicking on what I
think it is?
- is that click working or doing what it should do?
- what page is being examined by the "Then I should see "Middlesex"
within "#user-navigation" step?

These are all debugging questions, right, if I could see those I could
figure out what was going wrong.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!