[rspec-users] How do I isolation test against different gem versions?

Brian Cardarella bcardarella at gmail.com
Sun May 23 11:41:23 EDT 2010

I would like to support both ActiveRecord 2.x and ActiveModel 3.x for
a given library. It is not clear to me how to write tests for this. If
I require 'active_record' then all of the dependencies are also loaded
and are now in the load path as well as the Gem loaded list.
Considering that AR and AM share dependencies but of different
versions conflicts occur.

Is this possible? The difference in code is not enough to warrant
breaking into separate gems.