[rspec-users] Good practices on spec'ing views?

Adam Sroka adam.sroka at gmail.com
Fri May 21 15:44:09 EDT 2010

I test dynamic behavior in views using a combination of RSpec, Watir,
and Jasmine. I don't test the structure of the view. I keep the
structure simple and keep client side behavior mostly in client side
code (i.e. javascript.)

RSpec + Watir + jasmine is a heavy set of testing tools, but that is
because most of the heavy lifting in modern web apps is in the
browser. I want to make sure that it can't break. I keep it from
getting too big or too slow by eliminating interactions with the
server by mocking/stubbing Ajax calls.