[rspec-users] Quickcheck testing framework

Scott Taylor scott at railsnewbie.com
Sun May 16 13:54:15 EDT 2010

Hey all,

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with an automated test-case generation tool like Quickcheck (for erlang/haskell). I'd be interested in hearing any impressions, war stories, or dev workflows regarding a tool like this.  Talking off list to David C, he suggested that it might be a complimentary tool to a TDD/BDD framework like rspec.

It appears as though there is a similar project out there for ruby named rushcheck (http://rushcheck.rubyforge.org/).  Doesn't seem like it's been maintained in a few years, though, and I'm guessing no one is using it.  I wonder if it these automated test generation tools are more appropriate in functional languages like Haskell and Erlang.