[rspec-users] Rspec beta8: helper methods issues

andrea longhi longhiandrea at gmail.com
Fri May 7 06:59:29 EDT 2010

Hello everybody,

I am experiencing the following problems, I googled quickly but I
couldn't find any documentation or solution to those issues:

1) the generator rails g rspec:helper  does nothing;
2) there seems to be no way to test helper methods as I used to do...
for example
the following spec
    it 'should set monday as first day of the week' do
      helper.ordered_day_names.first.should == 'Lun'
raises the error undefined local variable or method `helper' for
3) testing views where I call helper methods I need to explicitly stub
out the helper methods, even if I include the helper module.

This all happens with rspec beta 8, rails 3.0beta3, and ruby 1.9.2