[rspec-users] Kernel#debugger reminder method is unhelpful

Tim Harper timcharper at gmail.com
Mon May 3 14:35:08 EDT 2010

I'm not exactly sure what the motivation behind the "debugger" catch was,
perhaps a convenience method to allow your code to remain littered with
debugger statements? At any rate, it's obstructed my normal use of
ruby-debug, and regardless of whether I've passed the -d or --debug flag, it
still complains that the debugger is ignored unless if I use the rdebug

require 'ruby-debug'; debugger # <- does not work under rspec 2.0,
regardless if -d or --debug was provided

# ^ This is how you use the debugger with spork, effectively