[rspec-users] Spork

Ashley Moran ashley.moran at patchspace.co.uk
Mon Mar 29 15:48:57 EDT 2010

Hi

Hopefully I'll get chance to finish Spork integration with RSpec 2 this weekend.  I've got two questions...

(1) What's the best way to merge my changes back in?  My shockingly bad Git-fu has made it impossible to rebase on top of master.  I suspect having a (now disabled) Textmate macro to clean EOL whitespace has not helped.  I've restructured some code - I plan to do a proper refactoring when it all joins up (ie when I see Rails 3 working) but I'd rather get Spork merged as soon as it's runnable in case I make life even harder for myself.

I know know that the Spork interface expects you to provide an argv and out/error streams when you call its DRb interface.  It then calls the "CLI" interface to RSpec.  This is one reason RSpec 2 integration is harder than I thought, because that RSpec API has been rewritten (and is much better now I've seen both).  So...

(2) Is there a stable API call we can settle on for this going forward?  I was thinking along the lines of `Rspec.run(argv, err, out)` or `Rspec.run_command(argv, err, out)` or something.  Any ideas?

(2.5) Any reason why the new RSpec module is "Rspec" not "RSpec"? </grammarnazi>

Cheers
Ashley

--
http://www.patchspace.co.uk/