[rspec-users] rspec with out Active Record

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 08:22:56 EDT 2010

On Mar 17, 2010, at 6:25 PM, harinionrails wrote:

> I want to use rspec with my application where we don't have database.

The answer to this is in spec/spec_helper.rb (lines 16 - 21), which is generated when you run "script/generate rspec" in the root of your rails app:

http://github.com/dchelimsky/rspec-rails/blob/master/generators/rspec/templates/spec_helper.rb

> I want to know how to use fixtures with out ORM layer.

Rails fixtures are specifically intended for use with an ORM layer. Without one, you'll have to roll your own test data.

HTH,
David