[rspec-users] autotest & rspec2

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 11:11:34 EDT 2010

On Mar 14, 2010, at 5:12 AM, Jeroen wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm trying to find some information on how to get autotest to run the
> rspec2 tests. I have my project setup so "rake spec" runs the specs
> properly, but autotest seems to ignore/don't know that there are specs
> to test.
>
> I read on the rspec2 wiki that autotest integration is o be added
> eventually. Any ideas on how to achieve this?

I just pushed preliminary autotest support to github:

http://github.com/rspec/rspec-core/commit/c1d600cd4367fb24a333c3f27f3b27693745ad14

I'll release beta.4 today or tomorrow with this support.

Note that there will not be an autospec command for rspec-2. All that autospec does is sets an environment variable and creates confusion :) Per the commit message, you just need to add an autotest/discover.rb file in your project with:

Autotest.add_discovery { "rspec2" }

This may change to just { "rspec" } before rspec-2 goes final, but "rspec2" will work for now.

Cheers,
David