[rspec-users] Spork in RSpec 2

Ashley Moran ashley.moran at patchspace.co.uk
Wed Mar 10 09:05:29 EST 2010

On Mar 10, 2010, at 1:46 pm, David Chelimsky wrote:

> AFAIK, no. Please add a comment to the issue saying you're working on it.

Done.

>> * are there any potential issues that people with RSpec 2 knowledge can forsee?  I don't want to lose time on known gotchas.
>
> * You will need the other gems installed in order to work on rspec-2.

Think I have that all sorted.  BTW when did you start using "watchr"?  It's new to me.  I notice it runs specs blindingly fast, which I like :-)  Why that over (the new ZenTest-free) autotest?

> There is no concept of a CommandLineRunner yet, nor does there
> necessarily need to be. i.e. don't add one just because that's how
> rspec-1 dealt with Drb, but if that seems like an easy direction and
> it solves the problem cleanly, go for it.

I'll see what seems to fit.  Don't expect me to come up with a good design first time though.

> Thanks for taking up the cause!

No probs - I'll end up stabbing myself in the eye with a real spork if I have to watch Rails boot one more time =)

Ashley

--
http://www.patchspace.co.uk/
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ashleymoran