[rspec-users] Spork in RSpec 2

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 08:46:09 EST 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 7:31 AM, Ashley Moran
<ashley.moran at patchspace.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi
> I've just started using RSpec 2 in Rails 3 and I'm incredibly frustrated by the time it takes to boot Rails, it's a real TDD bottleneck.  The obvious solution is Spork, which is currently not possible with RSpec 2 because it lacks DRb support[1].
> I've cloned RSpec and I'm about to start working on DRb in RSpec 2, but I thought I'd fire this off to ask...
> * is anyone else also working on it?  I don't want to duplicate effort.

AFAIK, no. Please add a comment to the issue saying you're working on it.

> * are there any potential issues that people with RSpec 2 knowledge can forsee?  I don't want to lose time on known gotchas.

* You will need the other gems installed in order to work on rspec-2.

There is no concept of a CommandLineRunner yet, nor does there
necessarily need to be. i.e. don't add one just because that's how
rspec-1 dealt with Drb, but if that seems like an easy direction and
it solves the problem cleanly, go for it.

Thanks for taking up the cause!