[rspec-users] Spork in RSpec 2

Ashley Moran ashley.moran at patchspace.co.uk
Wed Mar 10 08:31:19 EST 2010

I've just started using RSpec 2 in Rails 3 and I'm incredibly frustrated by the time it takes to boot Rails, it's a real TDD bottleneck.  The obvious solution is Spork, which is currently not possible with RSpec 2 because it lacks DRb support[1].

I've cloned RSpec and I'm about to start working on DRb in RSpec 2, but I thought I'd fire this off to ask...

* is anyone else also working on it?  I don't want to duplicate effort.

* are there any potential issues that people with RSpec 2 knowledge can forsee?  I don't want to lose time on known gotchas.

If the answer to both is no I'll dive in :)

[1] http://github.com/rspec/rspec-core/issues#issue/2