[rspec-users] Newlines in step arguments Was How can I pass an XML block...

Ed Howland ed.howland at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 14:21:21 EST 2010

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 10:03 PM, Stephen Eley <sfeley at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 10:37 PM, Stephen Eley <sfeley at gmail.com> wrote:

> All right, never mind.  Having been given enough clues that the
> feature exists and what it generally might look like, I prowled
> through Cucumber's specs and examples until I got a clearer picture.
> Then, to keep my 'There ain't no documentation!' whining privileges, I
> went and added what I learned to the wiki:
> http://wiki.github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/multiline-step-arguments
This is fantastic! I admit that I must gave skimmed over the that in
the book, but your wiki page made it very clear.

I wrote some steps that call a command and capture the output with
IO at popen. In my code I was testing, I used puts everywhere and could
not figure out how to match the newlines in Cuke,

  Then the output should be

    |option|:dummy|-d, --[no]-dummy|

Thanks for the wiki page!

> I'd call it my minor good deed for the day, but really I was using it
> to procrastinate on my podcasting work for another half hour, so
> overall it was morally neutral.
> --
> Have Fun,
>   Steve Eley (sfeley at gmail.com)
>   ESCAPE POD - The Science Fiction Podcast Magazine
>   http://www.escapepod.org

Ed Howland