[rspec-users] rspec-2 for rails-2????

Aslak Hellesøy aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 02:58:53 EST 2010

> Hey all,
> rspec-rails-2 will only work with rails-3 (not rails-2). My suspicion
> is that once rspec-2 is out, folks are going to want to start using it
> with their existing rails-2 projects (because it offers some sweet new
> goodness that you won't want to live without).
> Would anybody be interested in writing and maintaining and
> rspec-2-rails-2 gem? This would be a separate code-base from
> rspec-rails, but we could keep the repo under the new rspec github
> user (http://github.com/rspec) provided that it is generally accepted
> and used by the community.
FWIW, cucumber-rails supports both Rails2 and Rails3. If someone picks
up the challenge it might be worthwhile to study the codebase. It uses
some smart tricks to support both in the same codebase, without too
much duplication.

Maybe supporting both Rails2 and Rails3 in rspec-rails is a smaller
effort than maintaining 2 gems?