[rspec-users] requiring "test_notifier/rspec" in spec,opts

drewB dbatshaw at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 14:22:55 EST 2010

There is a nice little gem that gives you desktop notifications of
your spec commands called test_noitifer (http://github.com/fnando/
test_notifier).  I can get it to work by including require
"test_notifier/rspec" toward the top of my spec_helper, or by manually
including it in the command line like:

spec <spec file> --require "test_notifier/rspec"

However, if I add it to the top of my spec.opts file, I get the
following error:

`gem_original_require': no such file to load -- "test_notifier/
rspec" (LoadError)

Any ideas on how to make it work?  I don't want to add it to
spec_helper because then others on my team would need to use the gem
as well (which they might not want to).