[rspec-users] Rake spec failure in beta.13

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 10:24:41 EDT 2010

On Jun 25, 2010, at 4:51 PM, geetarista wrote:

> Sorry about that. For some reason I thought Google Reader stripped
> that automatically.
> I added ":require => nil" because I had read somewhere that it was
> good to do so.  Can't remember why or where.  Taking it out does not
> fix the failure.
> I just haven't upgraded Haml because it's not top priority and I
> haven't run into any issues yet.

I figured out the problem. It boils down to these two lines in spec/spec_helper.rb

ENV["RAILS_ENV"] ||= 'test'
require File.dirname(__FILE__) + "/../config/environment" unless defined?(Rails)

I'm changing those to this for the next release:

require File.expand_path("../../config/environment", __FILE__)

Do that in your spec_helper now and it should work correctly. Please confirm.