[rspec-users] Rspec 2, Rails 3 and Webrat

Miriam magoldbe at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 12:10:07 EDT 2010

I'm having the same problem the OP mentions -- undefined method
"visit"

Trying to upgrade from Rails 2.3 to Rails 3.0.beta4

My test stack:
webrat (0.7.1)
cucumber (0.8.3)
pickle (0.2.1)
factory_girl (1.3.0)
factory_girl_rails (1.0)

I changed config.mode = :rack, as suggested, but I"m still getting the
error.

This is what I have in features/support/env.rb:

require 'webrat'
require 'webrat/core/matchers'

Webrat.configure do |config|
  config.mode = :rack
  config.open_error_files = false # Set to true if you want error
pages to pop up in the browser
end

This is the error I'm getting:

    Given I am logged in as a
buyer                                                      # features/
step_definitions/user_steps.rb:15
      undefined method `visit' for #<Cucumber::Rails::World:0xd2f8a2>
(NoMethodError)
      ./features/step_definitions/user_steps.rb:6:in `log_out'
      ./features/step_definitions/user_steps.rb:37:in `do_login'
      ./features/step_definitions/user_steps.rb:17:in `/^I\ am\ logged
      features/buyer_account.feature:7:in `Given I am logged in as a
buyer'