[rspec-users] [RSpec]Doubt while Testing with RSpec

Narayanan knarayanan88 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 02:37:49 EDT 2010

I have a library of RSpec Test examples. Now, from an upper ruby
layer, I need to run only individual separate test example from the
library that matches a particular string in the upper layer.

For Example:

My RSpec library file contains many test examples like:

describe arithmetic do

 it "should provide a sum of two numbers" do
 (1 + 2).should == 3

it "should provide a difference of two numbers" do
(5-4).should == 1

Now there is a ruby layer above from where I need to run the first
test i.e when my input is test_add the  it "should provide a sum of
two numbers" must only run and  give me results of test.
Similarly, if in the input I am accepting in my upper ruby code is
test_subtract, the 2nd test must run (it "should provide a difference
of two numbers") and show the result of test.

Is this possible with RSpec ?

Thanks in advance,