[rspec-users] RSpec 2: what should I replace 'params_from' with?

Ivo Wever lists at ruby-forum.com
Thu Jun 24 09:12:26 EDT 2010

Hey,

Thanks, that works fine and makes sense. Now there are also a few specs
that assert the inverse direction:

describe SessionsController do
  describe "route generation" do
    it "should route the destroy sessions action correctly" do
      route_for(:controller => 'sessions', :action => 'destroy').should
== "/logout"

I understand the route_for method is similarly deprecated; what would be
the idiomatic way to spec that now?

> Note that the name RSpec::Rails::RoutingSpecMatchers might change in the
> next beta, so this is not a formal API or anything - just a workaround
> for you to get by until the next release.

OK, thanks for the warning. As we consciously chose to move to -beta
software, these kinds of things are expected :).

all the best,
--
Ivo