[rspec-users] weirdness with rake spec!

Patrick J. Collins patrick at collinatorstudios.com
Wed Jun 23 16:25:14 EDT 2010

> Why not just use a rails helper? Then you get all the other helpers and environment for free.

Well, these are usually complex helpers that build a lot of html, and I utilize
a lot of instance variables to share between methods...  My practice has been
to put these things in their own class so that I won't have conflicts with
other instance variables...

I don't understand though why rake spec would fail but script/spec wouldn't...
Is there something different about the environment when rake spec is called?

Patrick J. Collins
http://collinatorstudios.com