[rspec-users] cleaner failure messages?

rogerdpack rogerdpack at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 11:27:24 EDT 2010

> >    Failure/Error: Unable to find matching line from backtrace

> > Perhaps it isn't quite windows friendly?
>
> That happens now and then when the error is in code generated with eval(string) with no file and ref numbers. Has nothing to do with Windows as far as I know, and is the same problem we have with ruby-debug.

Interesting.
I get the same thing with Linux.
If I add the word "fail" to an rspec, it says the same (not an eval
string...)...

Here's the output if I run it -b

1) Gem speeding Gem.bin_path the fake sick way should fake guess the
right path instead of loading full rubygems for now
    Failure/Error: Unable to find matching line from backtrace
    # spec.faster_rubygems.rb:29:in `block (3 levels) in <main>'
    # /home/rdp/installs/ruby-1.9.1-p376_installed/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/
gems/rspec-core-2.0.0.beta.12/lib/rspec/core/example.rb:47:in
`instance_eval'

Hmm.
-r