[rspec-users] Bundler, rake spec and Steak

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa celoserpa at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 02:16:15 EDT 2010

Hello list,

I have noted a few problems when using rake spec. First, it doesn't seem to
load the gems from the Gemfile (:test group) I had to add a required for
each gem in this group on the spec_helper.rb file when I tried to run the
tests vai rake spec, if I use the spec command, it works as expected.

Another thing -- I'm using Steak for acceptance testing. Steak puts its
tests under spec/acceptance. Each Steak test uses the acceptance_helper.rb
helper script. This helper also automatically loads any ruby script from
spec/acceptance/support/*.rb. The issue here is that, when I run rake spec,
it is running acceptance tests as well, which would not be a problem if some
support scripts from it set *not to use transactional fixtures* and setup
DatabaseCleaner, and messes up with the rest of the specs.

Any ideas on how to exclude acceptance tests from the rake spec? And if
anyone else knows how to get it to know about Bundler, better :)

Thanks,

Marcelo.