[rspec-users] RSpec 2: view example groups don't load helpers?

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 18:08:44 EDT 2010

On Jun 19, 2010, at 4:19 PM, Michael Schuerig wrote:

> I'm in the process of moving an app from Rails 2.3.8 to 3. In the view
> spec I'm currently migrating, I get the error
>
> undefined method `link_to_xyz' for #<ActionView::Base:0x7f2c4c0e4820>
>
> That method is defined in one of my helpers that are loaded in by the
> app with helpers :all in the ApplicationController.
>
> Is this intended behavior to force me to mock/stub all my own helpers?

Not at all.

> If not, what do I have to do to make the specs aware of helpers?

helper(MyHelper, :my_helper, 'other_helper')

> I can call view.extend(MyHelper) just before rendering, but that's a bit
> cumbersome if several helpers are involved.
> I'm using rspec-rails 2.0.0.beta.12 with Rails 3.0.0.beta4.

I've got a ticket into rails to make this method work with :all, as documented, but until that's fixed you have to list them all separately. At least you can do it in one statement :)

https://rails.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8994/tickets/4775.

HTH,
David