[rspec-users] RSpec 2: view example groups don't load helpers?

Michael Schuerig michael at schuerig.de
Sat Jun 19 17:19:29 EDT 2010

I'm in the process of moving an app from Rails 2.3.8 to 3. In the view
spec I'm currently migrating, I get the error

undefined method `link_to_xyz' for #<ActionView::Base:0x7f2c4c0e4820>

That method is defined in one of my helpers that are loaded in by the
app with helpers :all in the ApplicationController.

Is this intended behavior to force me to mock/stub all my own helpers?
If not, what do I have to do to make the specs aware of helpers?

I can call view.extend(MyHelper) just before rendering, but that's a bit
cumbersome if several helpers are involved.

I'm using rspec-rails 2.0.0.beta.12 with Rails 3.0.0.beta4.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig
mailto:michael at schuerig.de