[rspec-users] rspec-rails 2 webrat dependency

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 15:12:24 EDT 2010

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 1:07 PM, Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas
<lbocseg at yahoo.com.br> wrote:
> Is there any reason for that? If so, couldn't Rspec use Capybara instead of
> Webrat if it is not present? Is it possible to depend on Webrat OR Capybara
> in the gem specs?

Gemspecs don't allow alternative dependencies.

I have a similar issue with the RiCal gem.  It works with either the
activesupport OR tzinfo gems, rather than require either I just
document that it requires one or the other and leave it up to the

Rick DeNatale

Github: http://github.com/rubyredrick
Twitter: @RickDeNatale