[rspec-users] rspec-rails 2 webrat dependency

Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas lbocseg at yahoo.com.br
Sat Jun 19 13:07:04 EDT 2010

Hi, I've finally make all my tests pass in Rails 3 with Capybara.

After removing webrat's dependency in favor of the new Capybara one, I
expected that bundle install would remove Webrat dependencie.

After a few minutes searching for bundler bugs related to removing
dependencies I've tried to uninstall webrat gem. Then I understood that
rspec-rails was depending on it...

Is there any reason for that? If so, couldn't Rspec use Capybara instead
of Webrat if it is not present? Is it possible to depend on Webrat OR
Capybara in the gem specs?

Thank you all, specially David, for this wonderful piece of software
that is Rspec!

Best regards,

Fale com seus amigos  de graça com o novo Yahoo! Messenger