[rspec-users] Rspec 2, Rails 3 and Webrat

Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas lbocseg at yahoo.com.br
Fri Jun 11 23:17:20 EDT 2010

Apparently Webrat is not yet compatible with Rails 3:

http://github.com/brynary/webrat/blob/master/lib/webrat/integrations/rails.rb

line 2: require "action_controller/integration"

action_controller/integration.rb does exist in Rails 2 but not in Rails
3, but I didn't find any branch for Rails 3 in webrat's repository.

I'll give Capybara another try. I had already tried it before but didn't
change to it because I couldn't get the Drag & Drop javascript test to
work anyway, but it seems to be a good replacement to Webrat's and there
seems to be plans to merge them...

Does anyone here use Capybara with Rspec2 and Rails 3 without Cucumber
to write integration tests successfully?

Thanks,

Rodrigo.